Effective Date: May 17th, 2022
1. What Information We Collect
When you visit the Sites, TPY Academy and its service providers may collect personal information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, and payment information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
In addition, TPY Academy and its service providers use a variety of techniques to gather other information about your use of the Sites, including, among other things, your IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Sites, and the duration of your visit to the Sites. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual.
2. How We Collect Information
TPY Academy and its service providers collect Personal Information that you provide while using the Sites, either directly or through other user actions, including, without limitation, any Personal Information provided or otherwise obtained while the Sites’ web pages are open. For instance, TPY Academy gathers information when you fill out forms on the Sites, including, for example, donation forms and surveys. We may also use analytics that enable us to obtain your Personal Information based on your use of the Sites, including, for example, your clicks on Sites pages and page elements as well as information entered into the Sites’ html form fields, regardless of whether the form is submitted.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- We use “cookies” to help us monitor traffic and collect information about use of the Sites. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Sites that help us recognize you when you come back to the Sites, allowing us, for instance, to remember the email address and password you use when you log in on a specific computer. TPY Academy uses the aggregated information collected from cookies to measure the number of visits to the Sites, the average time spent on the Sites, the identity and number of pages viewed, and to gather other traffic data and information that allows us to improve the Sites. We also use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Sites. Cookies further allow us to select which of our content is most likely to appeal to you and display it while you are on the Sites.
- TPY Academy also uses a variety of third-party web and mobile app analytics and optimization services to improve the Sites and enhance the visitor experience. For examples, the Sites use web analytics services that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text you type in the Sites, and similar activity. The Sites do not use these services to collect any personally identifiable information not otherwise provided by you in using the Sites, and they do not track your browsing habits across other third-party websites on our behalf.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Sites and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags).
- We may use pixel tags and other similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Sites, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use of the Sites and response rates.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version.
- We may collect your IP address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a common practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites.
- Information that you provide, such as your preferred means of communication, does not personally identify you unless it is combined with your Personal Information.
- We may aggregate Personal Information. Aggregated information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
3. How We Use Collected Information
TPY Academy may use your Personal Information:
- To send you information about TPY Academy or TPY Academy partners.
- To personalize your interactions with TPY Academy, such as to customize your web and email content based on your interests, send you requests to participate in events in your area and otherwise target content and communications to you.
- To respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to process donations or fulfill purchase orders.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Sites and changes to our Site Terms and policies.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our internal purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying the Sites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our activities.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our partners, our approved vendors, and their service providers.
- To our third-party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
- To a third-party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our operations, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our Site Terms; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
4. How Can You Control Collection of Your Information?
Set your web browser to inform you of when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored and refuse any request to set cookies, and do not accept cookies from TPY Academy. Erase all TPY Academy cookies from your hard drive.
Do not provide your information when prompted by the Sites.
Please note, however, that if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate the Sites may be limited. Further, in the event you choose not to share information, TPY Academy may be unable to respond to your request for TPY Academy information, enter you in any sweepstakes or contests, or send online postcards.
5. How Can You Stop Receiving Communications from TPY Academy?
If you would like to “opt out” of receiving content from TPY Academy, you can:
- Take the opportunity to opt out in links on the bottom of the marketing email TPY Academy sends to you.
- Call the TPY Academy Customer Service Department at (+84) 909181866 and request to be opted out.
6. Third-Party Services
Our website may contain links to or may frame external third-party sites that are not operated by us or any TPY Academy affiliated entities. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites that will be applicable to you when and if you visit those sites, and cannot we do not accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.